Welcome to Cricwild. Sri Lanka doesn’t give their best in this world but will be aiming to give it their best shot against a West Indies to provide themselves with the last chance of progressing to the semifinals in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2019.
West Indies were out and knocked out of the tournament after the embarrassing 125-run loss to India in their last game. Despite knowing that there is no other chance for them to make it through, the side has got two games still to play.
Date : Monday 1st July, 2019
Match Venue : Riverside Ground, Durham.
Pitch Conditions at the Riverside Ground, Durham
The 39th match is between West Indies vs Sri Lanka is at Riverside Ground, Durham. The pitch at the venue is a drop-in and expected to be flat. The pitch at Lords is excellent for batting and both the teams will have an opportunity to get some big runs in this match. With both teams suffering from a crisis of confidence, batting first may be a big advantage.
Won batting first : (66%)
Won batting second : (33%)
Highest total : England 314/4 (50/50 overs) VS Australia
Lowest total : England 99/10 (26.1/50 overs) VS Sri Lanka
Capacity : 17000
Weather Condition in Durham
Current weather condition at Durham, United Kingdom over the next 7 days, the maximum temperature will be 19C on Sunday 30th June at around 12 pm. In the same week the minimum temperature will be 9C on Thursday 4th July at around 3 am.
WI vs SL - Head to Head Match Records
The first match was played at : 1975
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Team News
West Indies :
- West Indies were out and knocked out of the tournament after the embarrassing 125-run loss to India in their last game. Despite knowing that there is no other chance for them to make it through, the side has got two games still to play.
- West Indies bowling has done reasonably well, albeit not as good in death overs, but their batting has struggled to close out games for them. Chris Gayle, Shai Hope, Carlos Brathwaite have all been amongst the runs, but none of them have managed to score big daddy hundreds.
- West Indies have always dominated Sri Lanka in the World Cups leading the chart by 4-2. But both the teams haven’t had the luck in this World Cup. But west Indies start very good against Pakistan and they can’t continued their from till end.
- West Indies captain Jason Holder has been resourceful with both bat and ball with 99 runs and 6 wickets to his name.
Sri Lanka :
- Sri Lanka doesn’t give their best in this world but will be aiming to give it their best shot against a West Indies to provide themselves with the last chance of progressing to the semifinals in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2019.
- Kusal Mendis hasn’t had the best of outings in the mega event. He has scored 101 runs in five matches at an average of 20.20.
- Angelo Mathews, the Sri Lankan batsman has also found form with an 85 against England and seems a good bet to add more to his growing run-tally. But he also failed in last match.
- Sri Lanka might consider replacing Jeevan Mendis, who has wallowed in both the departments of the game. Jeffrey Vandersay should be a good replacement. Suranga Lakmal was extremely expensive in the last match.
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Squads
West Indies :
Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer, Fabian Allen, Andre Russell, Jason Holder (C), Carlos Brathwaite, Nicholas Pooran, Shai Hope, Ashley Nurse, Kemar Roach, Oshane Thomas, Shannon Gabriel, Sheldon Cotrell
Sri Lanka :
Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Avishka Fernando, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Isuru Udana, Milinda Siriwardana, Thisara Perera, Jeevan Mendis, Kusal Perera (w), Kusal Mendis, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lasith Malinga, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Pradeep.
Key Players - West Indies vs Sri Lanka, ICC World Cup 39th Match
Best Performers Last 2 Matches
Winning Team Prediction
While the momentum is strongly in West Indies favor to win the ICC World Cup 39th Match. We hope Sri Lanka will fight back.