Welcome to the Cricwild. With a super victory against Bangladesh, India is already in the in semifinals, a win will give them hope to finish top if Australia loses to South Africa later. India cannot commit the mistake of taking Sri Lanka lightly as on their day they can get the better of any team.
On another end, Sri Lanka had a disappointing campaign in the World Cup. They managed to win just 3 games out of 8. However, they beat England that opened up the points table for many possibilities.
Date : Saturday 6th July 2019
Match Venue : Headingley, Leeds, England.
Pitch Conditions at the Headingley, Leeds
The 44th world cup match is between India vs Sri Lanka is at Headingley, Leeds, English. Headingley should produce a high-scoring game with overcast conditions on offer for the new ball bowlers. With this being the first game being held in Leeds this tournament, a fresh wicket should help strokeplay with scores over 300 expected given the form of the England batsmen.
Won batting first : (38%)
Won batting second : (57%)
Highest total : ENG 351/9 (50 Ov) vs PAK
Lowest total : ENG 93/10 (36.2 Ov) vs AUS
Capacity : 18,350
Weather Condition in Leeds
The current weather condition in Leeds, the United Kingdom over the next 7 days, the max temperature will be 24C on Thursday 11th July at around 12 pm. In the same week, the min temperature will be 9C on Tuesday 9th July at around 9 pm.
IND vs SL - Head to Head Match Records
The first match was played in 1979
India vs Sri Lanka Team News
- With the super victory against Bangladesh, India is already in the in semifinals, a win will give them hope to finish top if Australia loses to South Africa later. India cannot commit the mistake of taking Sri Lanka lightly as on their day they can get the better of any team.
- India’s biggest problem is the middle order. India continuously failing in the middle order. I think we got the solution in the form of Mayank Agarwal. Opener Mayank Agarwal is likely to make his ODI and World Cup debut in this match. The team management would look to test him at the top of the order and push KL Rahul at number four again to provide more steel to the middle-order.
- another young star Rishabh Pant also showed promise in the first two games. Mohammed Shami’s death bowling has been concerning, but he has been picking up wickets.
Rohit Sharma :
- Rohit Sharma made most runs in ICC world Cup 2019 from the India team. He scored 544 runs with an average of 90.67.
- In total, he made 8554 runs with 26 hundred and 42 fifty’s with 48.9 avg.
Jasprit Bumrah :
- Jasprit Bumrah is the most wicket taker from India in the ICC world cup. He took 14 wickets from 7 matches with Eco of 4.02.
- In total, he took 99 wickets with an eco of 4.52 and the best is 5/27.
Sri Lanka :
- Sri Lanka doesn’t give their best in this world but will be aiming to give it their best shot against a West Indies to provide themselves with the last chance of progressing to the semifinals in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2019.
- The win against the West Indies was special because it came through an excellent batting performance from Avishka Fernando. He made-in hundreds in one-day international cricket. He is very impressive in this ICC world cup series.
- In the bowling department, Lasith Malinga has been their standout performer with 12 wickets. Nuwan Pradeep was also good in the face but he is not much impressive to pick wickets. Dhananjaya de Silva and pacer Isuru Udana have gotten five wickets each, but have been far from effective.
Kusal Perera :
- Kusal Perera made most runs in ICC world Cup 2019 from the Sri Lanka team. He scored 255 runs with an average of 42.50.
- In total, he made 2538 runs with 4 hundred and 14 fifty’s with 30.2 avg.
Lasith Malinga :
- Lasith Malinga is the most wicket taker from Sri Lanka team in the ICC world cup. He took 12 wickets from 6 matches with Eco of 5.63.
- In total, he took 334 wickets with an eco of 5.34 and the best is 6/38.
India vs Sri Lanka Squads
Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), KL Rahul, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Ravindra Jadeja
Sri Lanka :
Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Avishka Fernando, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Isuru Udana, Milinda Siriwardana, Thisara Perera, Jeevan Mendis, Kusal Perera (w), Kusal Mendis, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lasith Malinga, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Pradeep.
Key Players - India vs Sri Lanka, ICC World Cup 44th Match
Best Performers Last 2 Matches
Winning Team Prediction
While the momentum is strongly in INDIA favor to win the ICC World Cup 44th Match. We hope Sri Lanka will fight back.