Welcome to Cricwild. The Virat Kohli-led Indian cricket team is unbeaten in the tournament so far, will be looking to extend in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2019.When it comes to head-to-head, the records in world cup are stacked in favour of India as England haven’t defeated India in the last 27 years.
On the other hand, After back-to-back defeats with Pakistan and Australia, England have some key selection decisions to make. Jason Roy was back in the nets ahead of the Australia match but just missed out on selection – the opener could slot back in for James Vince this time.
Date : Sunday 30th June, 2019
Match Venue : Edgbaston, Birmingham, England.
Pitch Conditions at the Edgbaston
The 38th match is between India vs England is at Edgbaston, Birmingham, England. We expect this match to be high-scoring and a lot of runs to be scored. Teams have tended to overestimate the amount of help they will get under overcast conditions so far so both South Africa and New Zealand will be wary about choosing to bat second in this match.
Won batting first : (44%)
Won batting second : (54%)
Highest total : England 408/9
Lowest total : Australia 70/10
Capacity : 88,000
Avg. Score in 1st bat : 229
Weather Condition in Birmingham
Current weather condition at in Birmingham, United Kingdom over the next 7 days, the max temperature will be 28C on Saturday 29th June at around 3 pm. In the same week the min temperature will be 7C on Monday 1st July at around 9 pm.
IND vs ENG - Head to Head Match Record
The first match was played at : 1974.
Total no of matches played : 99
India won : 53
England won : 41
No result : 3
Tied : 2
India vs England Team News
- The Virat Kohli-led Indian cricket team is unbeaten in the tournament so far, will be looking to extend in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2019.When it comes to head-to-head, the records in world cup are stacked in favour of India as England haven’t defeated India in the last 27 years.
- The Indian captain Virat Kohli made it four half-centuries back to back when he top-scored with 72 in India’s win against West Indies. Kohli’s last four innings have now brought 82, 77, 67 and 72 and lifted his ODI average to 59.67.
- Vijay Shankar is not making the most of his chances. This is the time to give him time in the middle because the semi-finals are fast approaching.
- Shami has been India’s standout performer with a couple of four-fers in the two games he played.
Rohit Sharma :
- Rohit Sharma made most runs in ICC world Cup 2019 from India team. He scored 338 runs with average of 84.50.
- In total he made 8348 runs with 24 hundreds and 42 fifty’s with 48.2 avg.
Yuzvendra Chahal :
- Yuzvendra Chahal is the most wickets taker from India in ICC world cup. He took 10 wickets from 5 matches with Eco of 5.48.
- In total he took 82 wickets with eco of 4.92 and best is 6/42.
- After back-to-back defeats with Pakistan and Australia, England have some key selection decisions to make. Jason Roy was back in the nets ahead of the Australia match but just missed out on selection – the opener could slot back in for James Vince this time.
- Apart from the 148 versus the Afghans, even skipper Eoin Morgan has strained to get going.But Ben Stokes was unlucky as his knocks of 82* and 89 came in losing causes .
- England’s bowling is very good as well. Archer and Wood are among the fastest bowlers in this tournament and will attack the Indian batsmen. If they are well capable of picking Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli early than they can win the match.
Joe Root :
- Joe Root made most runs in ICC world Cup 2019 from England team. He scored 432 runs with average of 72.00.
- In total he made 5732 runs with 16 hundreds and 33 fifty’s with 51.6 avg.
J. Archer :
- J. Archer is the most wickets taker from England in ICC world cup. He took 16 wickets from 7 matches with Eco of 5.09.
- In total he took 19 wickets with eco of 5.04 and best is 3/27.
India vs England Squads
Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), KL Rahul, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Ravindra Jadeja
Eoin Morgan (C), Jason Roy, Joe Root, James Vince, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (WK), Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood
Key Players - India vs England, ICC World Cup 38th Match
Best Performers Last 2 Matches
Winning Team Prediction
While the momentum is strongly in India favor to win the ICC World Cup 38th Match. We hope England will fight back.