Welcome to the Cricwild. After losing to India earlier in the tournament, Australia has won 5 games in a row. Australia skipper Aaron Finch and his men were the first to qualify for the semi-finals. If they win the match against South Africa, they will be at the top in the ICC points table.
On another end, For South Africa, this game against Australia could see them regain their stature of one of the best teams in the world to some extent if they manage to beat Australia. However, that looks highly improbable given their depleted run in England this summer.
Date : Saturday 6th July 2019
Match Venue : Old Trafford, Manchester, England.
Pitch Conditions at the Old Trafford, Manchester
The 45th match is between Australia vs South Africa is at Old Trafford, Manchester, England. The pitch at the venue is a drop-in and expected to be flat. The weather conditions could be favorable to get some seam movement especially at the start of the match. After that initial period, though, there are plenty of runs to be had.
Won batting first : (33%)
Won batting second : (66%)
Highest total : Sri Lanka 318/7 (50/50 overs) vs England 28 Jun 2006
Lowest total : Sri Lanka 67/10
Capacity : 88,000
Avg. Score in 1st bat : 202
Weather Condition in Manchester
The current weather condition in Manchester, the United Kingdom over the next 7 days, the max temperature will be 21C on Friday 5th July at around 3 pm. In the same week, the min temperature will be 12C on Monday 8th July at around 3 am.
AUS vs SA - Head to Head Match Records
The first match was played in 1992
Australia vs South Africa Team News
- After losing to India earlier in the tournament, Australia has won 5 games in a row. Australia skipper Aaron Finch and his men were the first to qualify for the semi-finals. If they win the match against South Africa, they will be at the top in the ICC points table.
- Australia batting order should remain the same with the top four of Aaron Finch, Steven Smith, David Warner, and Usman Khawaja in fine form while Mitchell Starc’s haul of 24 wickets in eight games is the highest in the tournament.
- Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, and Alex Carey have also chipped in when presented with an opportunity that has given their management plenty of confidence. While their batting has done pretty well throughout the tournament, it’s been their bowling which has set up most of the matches for them.
David Warner :
- David Warner made most runs in ICC world Cup 2019 from the Australia team. He scored 516 runs with an average of 73.71.
- In total, he made 4859 runs with 16 hundred and 20 fifty’s with 48.9 avg.
Mitchell Starc :
- Mitchell Starc is the most wicket taker from Australia in the ICC world cup. He took 24 wickets from 8 matches with Eco of 5.02.
- In total, he took 169 wickets with an eco of 4.96 and the best is 6/28.
South Africa :
- South Africa, this game against Australia could see them regain their stature of one of the best teams in the world to some extent if they manage to beat Australia. However, that looks highly improbable given their depleted run in England this summer.
- In the past match against Sri Lanka batting hasn’t stood up with Hashim Amla unable to score freely while the duo of Faf du Plessis and Quinton de Kock haven’t done enough to justify their talents and lofty standards.
- Andile Phehlukwayo has been one of South Africa’s best players with his clever variations accounting for a few big wickets this tournament. South Africa is an evenly balanced side that looks as strong as any on paper. However, in the tournament until their last match, they’ve failed to replicate their prowess on the field resulting in the string of losses for them.
Faf du Plessis :
- Faf du Plessis made most runs in ICC world Cup 2019 from the South Africa team. He scored 287 runs with an average of 57.40.
- In total, he made 5407 runs with 11 hundred and 35 fifty’s with 47.0 avg.
Chris Morris :
- Chris Morris is the most wicket taker from South Africa in the ICC world cup. He took 12 wickets from 7 matches with Eco of 5.09.
- In total, he took 47 wickets with eco of 5.52 and best is 4/31.
Australia vs South Africa Squads
Aaron Finch, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Shaun Marsh, Alex Carey, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Jason Behrendorff, Adam Zampa.
South Africa :
Faf du Plessis (c), Quinton de Kock (w), Hashim Amla, Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, David Millerm, Jean-Paul Duminy, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dale Steyn, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Imran Tahir, Tabraiz Shams
Key Players - Australia vs South Africa, ICC World Cup 45th Match
Best Performers Last 2 Matches
Winning Team Prediction
While the momentum is strongly in Australia favor to win the ICC World Cup 45th Match. We hope South Africa will fight back.