Welcome to the Cricwild. The five-time World Champions will contest the semis in the world cup for the eighth time and will do so safe in the knowledge that when they have reached the last four in the past. As per the records, Australia will be the title favorite against England.
On another end, The world No 1 team in ODI side England’s first objective of reaching the semi-final stages for the first time since 1992 has been achieved. The hometown fans will wish to win the world cup for the first time.
Date : Thursday 11th July 2019
Match Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham.
Pitch Conditions at the Edgbaston, Birmingham
The 2nd Semi Final match is between Australia vs England is at Edgbaston, Birmingham. The pitch at the venue is a drop-in and expected to be flat. The weather conditions could be favorable to get some seam movement especially at the start of the match. After that initial period, though, there are plenty of runs to be had.
Won batting first : (66%)
Won batting second : (33%)
Highest total : England 314/4 (50/50 overs) VS Australia
Lowest total : England 99/10 (26.1/50 overs) VS Sri Lanka
Capacity : 17000
Weather Condition in Birmingham
The current weather condition in Birmingham, The United Kingdom over the next 7 days, the max temperature will be 22C on Tuesday 16th July at around noon. In the same week, the min temperature will be 11C on Tuesday 16th July at around 9 pm.
AUS vs ENG - Head to Head Match Records
The first match was played at 1971
Australia vs England Team News
- The five-time World Champions will contest the semis in the world cup for the eighth time and will do so safe in the knowledge that when they have reached the last four in the past. As per the records, Australia will be the title favorite against England.
- The one-down batsmen Usman Khawaja is suffering from a hamstring problem. Australia’s head coach said that Matthew Wade would come into the squad in place of Khawaja, a decision the Australians had been deferring but now appear committed to. Marcus Stoinis also fit and available for the great semi-final match against England.
- Australia batting order mostly depends on David Warner and Aaron Finch. They have more responsibility for this big game. Alex Carey was also done his role very excellently in the middle order. Nathan Lyon, Pat Cummins, Jason Behrendorff, and a combination of Maxwell-Marsh for the fifth bowler should provide Australia with a lot of ammunition to come hard in England.
David Warner :
- David Warner made most runs in ICC world Cup 2019 from the Australia team. He scored 638 runs with an average of 79.75.
- In total, he made 4981 runs with 17 hundred and 20 fifty’s with 46.1 avg.
Mitchell Starc :
- Mitchell Starc is the most wicket taker from Australia team in the ICC world cup. He took 26 wickets from 8 matches with Eco of 5.18.
- In total, he took 171 wickets with an eco of 4.98 and the best is 6/28.
- The world No 1 team in ODI side England’s first objective of reaching the semi-final stages for the first time since 1992 has been achieved. The hometown fans will wish to win the world cup for the first time.
- The host was in a very critical position in the past and they overcome their pressure by defeating India and New Zealand. It will be very thought fight against Australia, that they have beaten England twice in the past month and a half, once in the warm-up game and then in the group game. But England has beaten Australia six times in their last seven ODI meetings and on the previous three occasions at this ground.
- England’s star all-rounder has cracked four half-centuries in the World Cup 2019, the most recent of which came against India at Birmingham. He has also taken seven wickets in the tournament. They have good bowling line-up Jofra Archer, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes, and Liam Plunkett are almost sure to be in the playing eleven for England.
Joe Root :
- Joe Root made most runs in ICC world Cup 2019 from England team. He scored 500 runs with an average of 62.50.
- In total, he made 5800 runs with 16 hundred and 33 fifty’s with 51.3 avg.
J. Archer :
- J. Archer is the most wicket taker from England team in the ICC world cup. He took 17 wickets from 8 matches with Eco of 4.79.
- In total, he took 20 wickets with an eco of 5.04 and the best is 3/27.
Australia vs England Squads
Aaron Finch, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Shaun Marsh, Alex Carey, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Jason Behrendorff, Adam Zampa
Eoin Morgan (C), Jason Roy, Joe Root, James Vince, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (WK), Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood
Key Players - Australia vs England, ICC World Cup Semi Final 2nd Match
Best Performers Last 2 Matches
Winning Team Prediction
While the momentum is strongly in England favor to win the ICC World Cup Semi Final 2nd Match. We hope Australia will fight back.